University of Phoenix Material
Week Four Quiz
Topic Area: PSY/300 General Psychology
1. Ivan Pavlov pioneered the theory of:
a. Operant conditioning
b. Classical conditioning
c. Social Learning Theory
d. Cognitive Psychology
2. John wants to train his dog, Spot, to shake hands. John decides to reward Spot with a treat every time Spot raises his paw. John hopes to increase Spot’s handshaking behavior by following the behavior with a reward. This is an example of:
a. Aversive conditioning
c. Positive reinforcement
d. Negative reinforcement
Topic Area: PSY/310 History and Systems
3. Philosophers who believe that truth can emerge from the careful use of reason are known as
4. __________ is often referred to as the ‘Father of Psychology,’ after developing the first psychological research laboratory in Leipzig, Germany.
a. William James
b. Wilhem Wundt
c. John Watson
d. Joseph Wolpe
Topic Area: PSY/315 Statistical Reasoning
5. The most commonly used statistic in Psychology is
6. There are two branches of statistical methods. They are
a. Quadratic; Quantitative
b. Consumer; Quantum
c. Informal; Formal
d. Quantitative; Qualitative
I thought it was descriptive and inferential
Topic Area: PSY/340 Biological Foundations
7. In a topographical representation of the motor cortex, the homunculus is the largest area devoted to
a. arms and legs
b. the hands
c. the face
d. the tongue
Cannot find anything specifying one over the other.
8. In a simple genetic context, DNA makes RNA, which forms amino acids which form
a. cell bodies
d. your genotype
Topic Area: PSY/355 Motivation
9. What is motivation?
a. Motivation is based on sight and touch
b. Motivation excludes sound and emotions
c. Motivation is the activation of goal-oriented behavior and can be intrinsic or extrinsic
d. Motivation is the aversion to activity or exertion.
10. What theorist presents a hierarchy of needs and motivations?
a. Abraham Maslow
b. Sigmund Freud
c. Carl Jung
d. B.F. Skinner
Topic Area: PSY/375 Life Span
11. Which of the following would be a concern for a person during early adulthood?
b. Civic responsibility
c. Midlife Crisis
d. Leisure-time activities
12. Consider the biological theories of aging. Which of the following best represent components of that theory?
a. Cellular Dial Theory
b. The Nun Theory
c. Attachment Theory
d. Hormonal Stress Theory
Topic Area: PSY/390 Learning and Cognition
13. In operant conditioning, which of the following is accurate?
a. Any response that is followed by a reinforcing stimulus tends to be repeated
b. Any response that is followed by punishment is likely to not be repeated
c. Any response that is followed by reward tends to become extinct
d. Any response that is preceded by a reinforcing stimulus tends to be repeated
14. Pavlovian conditioning includes several components for creating a conditioned response. These components are:
a. Unconditioned stimulus; unconditioned response; conditioned recovery
b. Unconditioned response; conditioned stimulus; conditioned reflex
c. Unconditioned stimulus; conditioned stimulus; spontaneous recovery
d. Unconditioned stimulus; unconditioned response; conditioned stimulus
Topic Area: PSY/400 Social
15. The child deals with mastering his or her physical environment while maintaining a sense of self-esteem. This stage defined by Erik Erikson involves the crisis of autonomy versus shame and doubt.
d. School-age child
16. The child begins to initiate, not imitate activities; develop a conscience, and experience a sexual identity. This stage defined by Erik Erikson involves the crisis of initiative versus guilt.
d. School-age child
Topic Area: PSY/405 Theories of Personality
17. Which theorist is most associated with Social Learning Theory?
a. Carl Rogers
b. B.F. Skinner
c. Albert Bandura
d. Rollo May
18. What are the four major theoretical approaches to the study of personality?
a. Psychoticism, Humanism, Disposition, and Learning
b. Psychoanalysis, Humanistic, Dispositional, and Learning
c. Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Dispositional, and Learning
d. Freud, Maslow, Allport, and Bandura
Topic Area: PSY/410 Abnormal
19. Which of the following is one of the five subtypes of schizophrenia?
20. Jill is obsessed with her physical appearance and often dresses in a provocative fashion. It is important for her to be the center of attention. She is prone to exaggerated emotional expression with much self-dramatization. Which personality disorder is Jill most likely suffering from?
a. Schizoid personality disorder
b. Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
c. Histrionic personality disorder
d. Borderline personality disorder
Topic Area: PSY/435 Industrial/Organizational
21. The two psychologists credited with being the main founders of Industrial and Organizational Psychology are
a. Sherlin and Billingsly
b. Munsterberg and Scott
c. Freud and Jung
d. Hebb and Skinner
22. Work motivation theories are most concerned with
a. ability of the individual
b. persistence of the individual
c. attitude of the individual
d. reasons of the individual
Topic Area: PSY/450 Diversity and Cultural Factors
23. Cross-cultural psychology differs from general psychology in that
a. Cross-cultural psychology includes a search for possible universals in behavior and mental processes
b. General psychology understands that culture cannot affect a person’s perception and intelligence
c. Cross-cultural psychology involves more aspects of human functioning, including dreams and visions
d. General psychology is the systematic study of only human experience and behavior.
24. Culture-bound syndromes refer to
a. Medical conditions found in geographic areas of the world
b. Cultural names for common conditions found around the world
c. Medical or psychic conditions limited to specific societies or cultural areas
d. Medical or psychic conditions that are influenced by cultural factors
Topic Area: PSY/460 Environmental
25. Environmental psychology can be defined as a behavioral science that investigates the interrelationships between
a. Physical environment and human behavior
b. Family dynamic and work behavior
c. Emotional motivations and human behavior
d. Biological causes of physiological disregard
26. The state that occurs when people are faced with demands from the environment that require them to change in some way can be defined as
Topic Area: PSY/475 Test and Measurements
27. Reliability in testing refers to which of the following?
a. Stability of test scores
b. What the test is actually measuring
c. Academic achievement
28. Validity in testing refers to which of the following?
a. Test scores are stable
b. The test is measuring what it set to measure
c. Different forms of the test can be used
d. Whether or not the test is available in different languages
Topic Area: PSY/480 Elements of Clinical
29. Most psychotherapists would describe themselves as being
30. Which of the following historical events created a strong need for Clinical Psychology and brought it to the forefront as being an important field of study?
a. The Great Depression
b. The Civil War
c. The Vietnam War Draft
d. The World War II Draft
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.