1. In the context of roles of a superior team leader, relating refers to
A. exhibiting social and political awareness, caring for team members, and building trust.
B. influencing team members as well as obtaining external support for teams.
C. delegating authority, being flexible regarding team decisions, and coaching.
D. seeking information from managers, peers, and specialists, and investigating problems systematically.
2. _______ are positive consequences that motivate behavior.
A. Behavioral antecedents
3. Aaron, the CEO of a multinational company, has decided to implement certain new corporate processes for increased efficiency and productivity. He wishes to conduct the implementation in a phased manner in all divisions of the company, throughout the world. Also, he wishes to inform every employee of the impending change and ensure that they fully understand its implications. Which of the following is a reason why he should send an email describing the changes and their benefits?
A. It allows information to be shared rapidly with large numbers of stakeholders.
B. It engenders more trust among users than face-to-face communication does.
C. It supports interpretation of subtle nonverbal cues conveyed by a sender.
D. It’s the most appropriate tool to communicate sensitive or private information.
4. Among the roles that superior team leaders perform, _______ involves seeking information from managers, peers, and specialists, and investigating problems systematically.
5. A company shares its financial goals, income statements, budgets, sales, forecasts, and other relevant data about company performance and prospects with all its employees. This company engages in the practice of
A. open-book management.
6. _______ are work groups composed of multinational members whose activities span multiple countries.
A. Focus groups
B. Management teams
C. Parallel teams
D. Transnational teams
7. Swift Corporation is a company where information is available as needed, moving quickly and easily enough that it functions far better as a whole team than as separate parts. Swift Corporation is a _______ organization.
8. Marvin, an employee at UniPal Corp., has recently joined the company and is being trained. However, he isn’t able to communicate well with his trainer, Melissa. As a result, Melissa feels that Marvin doesn’t have the positive attitude or the will to work. She speaks to Marvin about the issue, but feels that he isn’t sincere enough in his statements, since she has already formed opinions about him from his past behavior. In this scenario, Melissa’s _______ doesn’t allow her to interpret Marvin’s statements correctly.
A. locus of control
9. Which of the following questions can be used to identify one’s boss’s level of task performance leadership?
A. Do you think your superior trusts you?
B. Does your superior treat you fairly?
C. Can you talk freely with your superior about your work?
D. To what extent does your superior give you instructions and orders?
10. Clara, a manager at an organization, has a lot of influence over her employees. She is a popular manager. Her subordinates like working with her and want to emulate her. In the context of this scenario, Clara has _______ power.
11. The top management of a company determined that their end-of-year bonuses wouldn’t be given due to low sales. Jane, a department manager, informed her staff that even high-performing employees shouldn’t expect a bonus. Jane’s _______ power was limited by the decision of the top management.
12. Benny, Homer, and Juan were three qualified engineers working in a team at a firm. Though Benny had the most experience, he didn’t always lead the group. Some projects required specialized knowledge that the other two members had, so the leadership role was passed around the group as appropriate. They were using the _______ style of leadership.
13. In _______, the key situational factor is the maturity of the followers.
A. Hersey and Blanchard’s situational theory
B. Tannenbaum and Schmidt’s theory
C. the Vroom model
D. Fiedler’s contingency model
14. Supervisory leadership is behavior that provides
A. projections for the viable future of an organization.
B. a means to anticipate changes in the future.
C. purpose and meaning to an organization.
D. guidance, support, and corrective feedback for day-to-day activities.
15. In a conversation during lunch, Arnold was casually discussing with other managers how they can improve the competition and team spirit within the organization by arranging a soccer match between different departments. Which of the following forms of organizational communication does this scenario exemplify?
A. The grapevine
B. Intrapersonal communication
C. Asynchronous communication
D. A soliloquy
16. In the context of the trait approach to leadership, _______ refers to a set of characteristics that reflect a high level of effort, including high need for achievement, constant striving for improvement, ambition, energy, tenacity, and initiative.
B. leadership motivation
17. Identify a defining characteristic of a traditional work environment.
A. Jobs require broad skills and knowledge.
B. Measured risk-taking is encouraged and supported.
C. Rewards are based primarily on team performance.
D. Managers primarily determine “best methods” related to work processes.
18. Janet, a manager, sends an email warning Kevin, a subordinate, of disciplinary action to be taken if he continues to take long coffee breaks and spend too much time on personal phone calls. However, Kevin didn’t attach too much importance to the email. He felt it was akin to a passing reminder. Which of the following is a reason why Janet should have spoken to Kevin directly and avoided the use of email?
A. Electronic media prevents interpretation of subtle nonverbal cues conveyed by a sender.
B. Electronic media increases time and expenses related to traveling, photocopying, and mailing.
C. Electronic media leaves a permanent record of communication for later reference.
D. Electronic media encourages more people to participate and share their ideas.
19. The _______ is a leadership perspective that focuses on individual leaders and attempts to determine the personal characteristics that great leaders share.
A. situational model
B. relationship-motivated leadership
C. trait approach
D. leadership grid
20. _______ operate separately from the regular work structure of the firm on a temporary basis.
A. Parallel teams
B. Management teams
C. Work teams
D. Focus groups
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.