Complete the following:
1. Using your editor, open the sp_home_txt.html and sp_layout_txt.css files from the html03 > case1 folder. Enter your name and the date in the comment section of each file, and save them as sp_home.html and sp_layout.css respectively.
2. Go to the sp_home.html file in your editor. Within the document head, create links to the sp_base.css, sp_styles.css, and sp_layout.css style sheet files. Study the content and structure of the file and then save your changes to the document.
3. Go to the sp_layout.css file in your editor. Go to the Window and Body Styles section. Create a style rule for the html element that sets the height of the browser window at 100%.
4. Create a style rule for the page body that sets the width to 95% of the browser window ranging
from 640 pixels up to 960 pixels. Horizontally center the page body within the browser window.
Finally, Karen wants to ensure that the height of the page body is always at least as high as the
browser window itself. Set the minimum height of the browser window to 100%.
5. Create a style rule to apply the Border Box model to all header, ul, nav, li, and a elements in
6. Go to the Row Styles section. Karen has placed all elements that should be treated as grid rows
in the row class. For every element of the row class, create a style rule that expands the element
to cover any floating content within the element. (Hint: Use the technique shown in the tutorial
that employs the after pseudo-element.)
7. Go to the Page Header Styles section. In this section, you will create styles for the content of
the body header. Create a style rule for the logo image within the body header that displays the
image as a block with a width of 70% of the header, floated on the left margin.
8. The header also contains a navigation list that Karen wants to display vertically. Create a style
rule for the nav element within the body header that: a) floats the navigation list on the left,
b) sets the size of the left and right padding to 2%, and c) sets the width of the navigation list
to 30% of the width of the header.
9. The hypertext links in the navigation list should be displayed as blocks. Create a style rule for every a
element in the header navigation list that displays the element as a block with a width of 100%.
10. Go to the Horizontal Navigation List Styles section. Karen has added a second navigation list that
she wants to display horizontally. For all list items within the horizontal navigation list, create a
style rule that displays the items as blocks with a width of 12.5% floated on the left margin.
11. Go to the Topics Styles section. This section sets the styles for a list of four topics describing what
the company is offering. Karen wants this list to also be displayed horizontally on the page. For
list items within the ul element with the id topics, create a style rule to: a) display the items as
blocks with a width of 20%, b) float the items on the left margin, and c) set the size of the left
margin space to 0% and the right margin space to 1.5%.
12. Karen wants the topics list to be well away from the left and right edges of the page body. In the
same section, create a rule that sets the size of the left margin of the first item in the topics list to
7.75% and sets the right margin of the last item to 7.75%.
13. In the same section, create a rule that displays the image within each list item in the topics list as
a block with a width of 50% and centered within the list item block. (Hint: Set the left and right
margins to auto.)
14. Go to the HR Styles section. The hr element is used to display a horizontal divider between
sections of the page. Add a style rule that sets the width of the hr element to 50%.
15. Go to the Customer Comment Styles section. In this section, you will create style rules for the
customer comments displayed near the bottom of the page. For the ul element with the id
comments, create a style rule that sets the width to 75% and centers the element by setting the
top/bottom margin to 40 pixels and the left/right margin to auto.
16. Karen wants the list items to appear in two columns on the page. In the same section, create a
style rule for every list item in the comments list that: a) displays the item as a block with a width
of 50% floated on the left and b) sets the size of the bottom margin to 30 pixels.
17. Every customer comment is accompanied by an image of the student. Karen wants these
images displayed to the left of the comment. Create a style rule to display the image within
each comment list item as a block with a width of 20%, floated on the left, and with a left/right
margin of 5%.
18. Create a style rule for every paragraph nested within a customer list item that floats the
paragraph on the left margin with a width of 70%.
19. Go to the Footer Styles section and create a style rule that displays the footer only when both
margins are clear of floating objects.
20. Save your changes to the file and then open the sp_home.html file in your browser. Verify that
the layout and appearance of the page elements resemble that shown in Figure 3-66.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.