1. Your Windows 8 computer is DHCP enabled. You want to find out what the IP address is for it. How do you do this?
A. Type IP /? at a command prompt.
B. Type IPCONFIG at a command prompt.
C. Look at the manual settings of the Network Interface Card.
D. Type DHCP at a command prompt.
2. What type of device would not require the use of Putty to terminal into it for management purposes?
3. Wendy calls the help desk and reports that she is unable to access her files that are stored on the server. The network is a Windows Domain with Active Directory. Wendy is logged on locally to her workstation that runs Windows 8. You remote into her machine and you can ping the file server. What is most likely the problem?
A. She is being denied access to the files on the domain server.
B. The NIC on her workstation is failing to do ARP requests.
C. The switch her workstation is connected to isn’t working.
D. Windows 8 cannot be a member of a Windows domain.
4. You are unpacking and setting up workstations for a local school system. The school system has given you cables to connect the computers to the network once they are set up in the classrooms. You connect one end of the cables into the built-in NIC cards. What will you plug the other end into?
A. A router
B. The MDF
C. The IDF
D. A drop
5. You are studying at the library and someone at your table has some great study material. Both of you have an iPad with you. You decide to network your computers together to exchange files. What type of network have the two of you created?
C. Apple Domain
6. You boot up a computer that has had network issues and immediately look at its ARP cache to see what MAC addresses it has resolved recently. You find out that the cache has very few addresses in it. How could this be?
A. The ARP cache was cleared when the computer was shut down.
B. The ARP cache is cleared every 15 minutes by default.
C. The HTTP protocol has become corrupted.
D. The computer has a virus attacking the ARP cache.
7. You recently implemented a VDI solution for your company network. Yesterday your users logged on for the first time. Today they are calling the help desk, complaining that their Internet favorites and desktop shortcuts didn’t save from yesterday. Why is this?
A. They are using a persistent desktop.
B. They are using a non-persistent desktop.
C. They are using a dumb terminal.
D. They are using a proxy VDI desktop.
8. You have just recently been hired as a consultant for a local company. The company has a domain with Active Directory. You are at a workstation and you want to see whether the computer is a member of the domain. Which of the selections below will allow you to do this?
A. Look in the Notifications area on the taskbar.
B. Type “domain /?” at a command prompt.
C. Look in the Computer Management screen.
D. Look in the System Properties.
9. Port 25 is currently closed on your firewall. What does this mean?
A. Computers can’t get the correct time.
B. Users can’t telnet outside of the network.
C. Users can’t RDP outside of the network.
D. Users can’t send email outside of the network.
10. Which protocol below is used by email clients to send email?
11. You recently purchased a brand new firewall for your network. Which port do you need to open in order to allow users to access the Internet?
12. Your boss tells you that he wants you to upgrade the network to a Domain. What type of server will you need to create in order to accomplish this?
A. A DNS Server
B. A Domain Controller
C. A Proxy Server
D. An Ad-hoc server
13. Some of the users in one part of the building can’t pull up your company’s intranet site in their browsers. The site comes up on your machine. You remote into their machines and attempt to PING the server that hosts the site and it fails. This is an example of a:
A. software problem.
B. driver problem.
C. connectivity problem.
D. HTML problem.
14. You want to browse various job postings on the Internet from your employer’s network. How can you browse these sites without creating a history within the web browser and ISP that your boss might be able to view?
A. Turn on “Enable Protected Mode” within the browser.
B. Use a public proxy site when surfing these ads.
C. Use a public DNS server when surfing these ads.
D. Issue a recursive DNS query before visiting the websites.
15. Which of the applications below is designed to help a user bypass enforced web-filtering policies?
16. Which web browser integrates directly with the Windows OS control panel to assign your default applications to designated file types?
D. Internet Explorer
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.