College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 30/06/2021 @ 23:59
Academic Year: 1441/1442 H
|Course Name: Public Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT 324||Student’s ID Number:|
|Semester: Summer 2020-2021||CRN:|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr. Ibrahim Alotaibi|
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced)
- Submissions without cover page will NOT be accepted.
Submission Date by students: 30/06/2021 @ 23:59
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre via blackboard.
Weight: 10 Marks
CLO: Describe the simple and complex issues pertaining to public management.
We expect you to answer each question as per instructions in the assignment. You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind. The assignment with be evaluated in terms of your planning, organization and the way you present your assignment. All the three section will carry equal weightage
Kindly read the instruction carefully and prepare your assignment accordingly.
1) Planning: Read the assignments carefully, go through the Units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange them in a logical order. (3.5 Marks)
2) Organization: Be a little selective and analytical before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. Give adequate attention to question’s introduction and conclusion. (3.5 Marks)
Make sure that:
- a) The answer is logical and coherent
- b) It has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs
- c) The presentation is correct in your own expression and style.
3) Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answer, you can write down the final version for submission. If you so desire, you may underline the points you wish to emphasize. Make sure that the answer is within the stipulated word limit. (3 Marks)
Write an essay on the following topic in about 1000-1200 words.
“The COVID-19 pandemic reveals that the public sector is not only facing simple and complex problem, but also turbulent problems characterized by the surprising emergence of inconsistent, unpredictable, and uncertain events. Turbulent problems call for robust governance solutions that are sufficiently adaptable, agile and pragmatic to upheld a particular goal or function in the face of continuous disruption”.
In the light of this statement, discuss the challenges faced by local governments during COVID-19 era. With the help of examples, explain how local governments can raise their awareness about such emerging pandemic, meet future challenges and be able to convert their challenges into opportunities.
(You are required to include at lea