1. Federal Express bought material handling equipment for its hub operations that cost $180,000. Using the
MACRS, what is the depreciation expense in year 3 (using a five-year class)?
2. What is a sinking fund?
A. It aids in meeting a future obligation.
B. It doesn’t compound its money.
C. It’s not really an annuity.
D. It requires one lump sum payment at the beginning.
3. Megan Mei is charged 2 points on a $120,000 loan at the time of closing. The original price of the home
before the down payment was $140,000. How much do the points in dollars cost Megan?
4. What does an amortization schedule show?
A. The increase to principal
B. The increase in loan outstanding
C. The balance of interest outstanding
D. The portion of payment broken down to interest and principal
5. Dick Hercher bought a home in Homewood, Illinois, for $230,000. He put down 20% and obtained a
mortgage for 25 years at 8%. What is the total interest cost of the loan?
6. A new piece of equipment costs $18,000 with a residual value of $600 and an estimated useful life of
five years. Assuming twice the straight-line rate, the book value at the end of year 2 using the decliningbalance
7. In an ordinary annuity, when does the interest on a yearly investment start building interest?
A. At the beginning of the first period
B. After the second period ends
C. At the end of the first period
D. During the first period
8. Lee Company has a current ratio of 2.65. The acid test ratio is 2.01. The current liabilities of Lee are
$45,000. Assuming there are no prepaid expenses, the dollar amount of merchandise inventory is
9. Which one of the following methods is not based on the passage of time?
A. Units-of-production method
B. None of these
C. Declining-balance method
D. Straight-line method
10. A truck costs $16,000 with a residual value of $1,000. It has an estimated useful life of five years. If
the truck was bought on July 3, what would be the book value at the end of year 1 using straight-line rate?
11. Jen purchased a condo in Naples, Florida, for $699,000. She put 20% down and financed the rest at
5% for 35 years. What are Jen’s total finance charges?
12. ***** ***** bought a new Toyota truck for $28,000. Dan made a down payment of $6,000 and paid
$390 monthly for 70 months. What is the total finance charge?
13. If a car is depreciated in four years, what is the rate of depreciation using twice the straight-line rate?
14. Given a mortgage of $48,000 for 15 years with a rate of 11%, what are the total finance charges?
15. Use the following information to answer the question:
Cost of car: $26,000
Residual value: $6,000
Life: 5 years
Using the given information, determine the depreciation expense for the first year straight-line method?
16. Open credit in a revolving charge plan results in
A. as many charged purchases till credit limit is reached.
B. the U.S. Rule being applied to each purchase.
C. as many cash purchases till credit limit is reached.
D. one purchase per month.
17. John Sullivan bought a new Brunswick boat for $17,000. He made a $2,500 down payment on it. The
bank’s loan was for 60 months, and the finance charges totaled $4,900. What is his monthly payment?
18. The acid test ratio does not include
D. accounts receivable.
19. A $104,000 selling price with $24,000 down at 81∕2% for 25 years results in a monthly payment of
20. Jay Corporation has earned $175,900 after tax. The accountant calculated the return on equity as
12.5%. Jay Corporation’s stockholders’ equity to the nearest dollar is
21. Ted Williams made deposits of $500 at the end of each year for eight years. The rate is 8%
compounded annually. Using the tables in the Business Math Handbook that accompanies the course
textbook, calculate the value of Ted’s annuity at the end of eight years.
End of exam
22. An annuity due can use the ordinary annuity table if one extra period is added and
A. two payments are added to total value.
B. three payments are subtracted from total value.
C. one payment is added to total value.
D. one payment is subtracted from total value.
23. At the beginning of each year for 14 years, Sherry Kardell invested $400 that earns 10% annually.
What is the future value of Sherry’s account in 14 years?
24. Abe Aster bought a new split level for $200,000. Abe put down 30%. Assuming a rate of 111∕2% on a
30-year mortgage, use the tables in the Business Math Handbook that accompanies the course textbook to
determine Abe’s monthly payment.
25. Depreciation expense in the declining-balance method is calculated by the depreciation rate
A. divided by book value at beginning of year.
B. times accumulated depreciation at year end.
C. times book value at beginning of year.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.