Compare and contrast these readings (Gioia 1992; Jones & Ryan 1998; Monahan & Quinn 2006; Sonenshein 2007) and produce a 1000 word critical reflection on the four articles about what ethical decision making is, and the factors that influence ethical decision making in organisations.
In this critical reflection you should provide a reasoned explanation for choosing the perspective(s) that you believe best explain ethical decision making in organisations.
Jones, TM & Ryan, LV (1998) ‘The effect of organizational forces on individual morality: Judgment, moral approbation, and behavior (Links to an external site.)‘, Business Ethics Quarterly, 8 (3), 431-45. Gioia, D. A. (1992). ‘Pinto fires and personal ethics: A script analysis of missed opportunities’, (Links to an external site.)Journal of Business Ethics, 11(5-6), 379-389. Monahan, S. C., & Quinn, B. A. (2006) ‘Beyond ‘bad apples’ and ‘weak leaders’ Toward a neo-institutional explanation of organizational deviance (Links to an external site.)‘. Theoretical Criminology, 10(3), 361-385.
Sonenshein, S. (2007) ‘The role of construction, intuition, and justification in responding to ethical issues at work: The sensemaking-intuition model’, (Links to an external site.) Academy of Management Review, 32(4), 1022-1040.
1) Focus on the 4 articles provided. There is no need to include others – you can if you desperately want to but remember we really want you to compare and contrast these 4.
2) Read all the articles and summarize them attempting to overview and capture their major arguments – what do these authors propose? You cant fake having read the articles and this will take you some time. Every bit of reading you do here, will be of benefit to you in the first two assessment tasks, and may also be helpful in the exam. In other words, you will directly benefit from it.
3) Summarizing articles enable you to compare and contrast them – you need to be able to overview whats written in them – the major arguments – so that you really understand the essence of them and enough of the detail. It will also help you build connections between these articles and other ideas/concepts/theories contained within the course.
4) Make sure you conclude by answering the question – which of the articles you believe best explains the decision making process and tell the reader why.
5) Structure – we do not want a contents page – its only 1000 words – make sure it has your name and student number within the document on the front page. I have suggested in the video below and in the lectures that you structure your assignment with A) a short Introduction b) 150-200 words max overviews of each article, c) some comparison and contrast about “what ethical decision making is, and the factors that influence ethical decision making in organisations”. d) You should then conclude by choosing the perspective (article) that best explains ethical decision making in organisations.
6) Don’t be under any illusion – you need to read and cite all of the four articles provided – and this will take some time and requires you to get to work very soon if you havent already.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.