1. Describe the major differences between managerial accounting and financial accounting.
2. You have been working as a staff accountant at Sanborn Industries for three months. Mr. Jones, the accounting manager as well as your boss, has informed you that he has decided to change vendors for the company’s office supplies. He notifies you that your company will now be utilizing the store owned by his best friend. Mr. Jones is hopeful that this will bring in a significant profit for his friend’s business possibly preventing the closing of his store. You receive the first invoice from that store and realize that the prices are nearly double the amount that the company was paying when using a large retail chain.
What should you do about the situation?
3. Product costs consist of
a. period costs.
b. indirect materials, indirect labor, and administrative costs.
c. direct materials, direct labor, and selling costs.
d. direct materials, direct labor, and overhead.
4. Which of the following would not be included in overhead?
a. marketing costs
b. property taxes on the factory
c. factory utility costs
d. deprecation on factory machinery
5. Which of the following is an example of a period cost?
a. research and development
b. selling and marketing
c. general accounting
d. all of these
6. The cost of the partially completed goods at the end of the period would be
a. ending work in process inventory.
b. cost of goods sold.
c. beginning finished goods inventory.
d. beginning work in process inventory.
7. Product costs are expensed
a. when the product is finished.
b. when the product unit cost is calculated.
c. when the product is sold.
d. all of these are correct.
8. Cost of goods sold
a. represents all costs associated with research, development, and general administration of the organization.
b. is found on the Balance Sheet.
c. is the cost of the partially completed goods that are still on the factory floor at the end of the period.
d. is the total product cost for the units sold during a period.
9. Gross margin equals
a. selling and administrative expenses.–cost of goods sold
b. direct materials + direct labor + manufacturing overhead.
c. cost of goods sold.–sales revenue
d. cost of goods manufactured + selling and administrative expenses.
10. The average unit cost at a monthly volume of 9,000 units is $3, and the average unit cost at a monthly volume of 22,500 units is $2.10.
A. Develop a cost formula for total monthly costs.
B. What are the total monthly costs if 15,000 units are produced?
11. Ruskin Company had utilities cost of $95,000 at an output level of 30,000 units. The utilities cost was a mixed cost and the fixed portion was $50,000. What would the estimate of total utilities cost be at an output level of 40,000 units?
12. At the break-even point,
a. total revenue equals variable cost.
b. total fixed cost equals variable cost.
c. total contribution margin equals total fixed cost.
d. total sales equals total fixed cost.
e. total margin of safety equals variable cost.
13. If the contribution margin per unit decreases, the break-even point in units
a. will increase.
b. will decrease.
c. will remain the same.
d. cannot be determined from the information given.
14. The following information was extracted from the accounting records of MVP Corporation:
Selling price per unit $60
Variable cost per unit $20
Total fixed costs $480,000
A. What is MVP’s break-even point in units?
B. How many units must be sold to earn operating income of $80,000?
C. What is MVP’s break-even point in units if the selling price increases by 20% and the variable costs decrease by 20%?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.