1) A codified law is known as a
A) deviant act.
2) According to John F. Galliher, legal definitions of criminality are arrived at through a __________ process.
3) Ron Classen sees crime primarily as
A) a violation of a law.
B) problem behavior.
C) an offense against human relationships.
D) a form of social maladjustment.
4) The pluralistic perspective suggests that behaviors are typically criminalized through
A) general agreement of members of society.
B) a political process.
C) the existence of shared norms and values.
D) none of the above
5) Which of the following jobs probably would not fall within the field of criminalistics?
A) Fingerprint examiner
B) Polygraph operator
C) Forensics examiner
D) Correctional officer
6) A police officer or probation officer is best described as a
C) criminal justice professional.
D) none of the above
7) __________ definitions focus on criminology’s role in uncovering the underly-
ing causes of crime.
D) None of the above
8) According to various professional groups, violence in television, music, video
games, and movies
A) may lead to increased levels of violent behavior among children.
B) may lead to decreased levels of violent behavior among children.
C) may lead to emotional sensitization toward violence in real life.
D) may have no effect on levels of violent behavior among children.
9) Which of the following is not an immediate input provided by the justice system that may enhance or reduce the likelihood of criminal occurrences?
A) Police response time to a crime scene
B) The availability or lack of official assistance
C) The presence or absence of police officers
D) A prison that acts as a “crime school”
10) Which of the following is not considered a property crime by the UCR?
11) Which of the following is not a reason why rape victims fail to report their victimization?
A) Fear that the crime is not important enough to report
B) Fear of the perpetrator
C) Fear of participation in the criminal justice system
12) The category of crimes in NIBRS which corresponds most closely to the UCR Part I offenses is
A) Group A offenses
B) Part I crimes
C) NIBRS key crimes
D) None of the above
13) According to Elliott Currie, the __________ is the rate of crime calculated on the basis of crimes that would likely be committed by those who are incapacitated by the criminal justice system.
A) actual crime rate
B) criminality index
C) latent crime rate
D) clearance rate
14) The NCVS divides larceny into the categories of __________ larceny.
A) household and personal
B) grand and petty
C) violent and nonviolent
D) felony and misdemeanor
15) Which of the following is not a finding of the National Youth Survey?
A) Violent offenders begin lives of crime earlier than originally believed.
B) Females are involved in a smaller proportion of crime than previously thought.
C) There is a consistent progression from less serious to more serious acts of
delinquency over time.
D) Race differentials in crime are smaller than traditional data sources indicated.
16) The first step in any research is to
A) develop a research design.
B) choose a data collection technique.
C) review the findings.
D) identify a problem.
17) A __________ is especially valuable when aspects of the social setting are beyond the control of the researcher.
A) one-group pretest-posttest design
B) case study
C) controlled experiment
D) quasi-experimental design
18) The study of one particular criminal organization is an example of the __________ data-gathering strategy.
A) survey research
B) case study
C) participant observation
D) secondary analysis
19) The degree of dispersion of scores around the mean is known as the
A) standard deviation.
D) significance test.
20) A __________ correlation exists between sample size and the degree of confidence we can have in our results.
21) In which year was the Magna Carta signed?
A) 450 B.C.
D) 1700 B.C.
22) Which of the following was not one of the three types of crimes outlined by Beccaria?
A) Crimes that involved no victims other than society
B) Crimes that ran contrary to the social order
C) Crimes that injured citizens or their property
D) Crimes that threatened the security of the state
23) Which of the following categories of punishment might include the loss of the right to vote?
24) The argument that crime is not a result of poverty or social conditions and
therefore cannot be affected by social programs was made by
A) Lawrence Cohen.
B) David Fogel.
C) Ronald V. Clarke.
D) James Q. Wilson.
25) Research by __________ found that a small number of chronic recidivists were responsible for a large majority of serious violent crime.
A) Marvin Wolfgang
B) Marcus Felson
C) Jack Katz
D) Ronald V. Clarke
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.