1. Distinguish between a packing slip, shipping notice, and a bill of lading.
2. List two points in the sales processing system when authorization is required.
3. What specific internal control procedure would prevent the sale of goods on account to a fictitious customer?
4. The clerk who opens the mail routinely steals remittances. Describe a
Specific internal control procedure that would prevent or detect this fraud.
5. When Clipper Mail Order Co. receives telephone and fax orders, the billing department prepares an invoice. The invoice is mailed immediately. A copy of the invoice serves as a shipping notice. The shipping department removes inventory from the warehouse and prepares the shipment. When the order is complete, the goods are shipped. The clerk checks the customer’s credit before recording the sale in the general journal and the account receivable subsidiary ledger. The receptionist opens the mail and lists all payments. The receptionist also handles all customer complaints and prepares sales return forms for defective merchandise. The cashier records all cash receipts in the general journal and makes the appropriate entry in the accounts receivable subsidiary ledger. The cashier prepares the daily bank deposit. Describe at
leas four internal control weaknesses at Clipper Mail Order Co.
6. How may an employee embezzle funds by issuing an unauthorized sales credit memo if the appropriate segregation of functions and authorization controls were not in place?
7. For each of the following documents, describe its purpose, the functional area preparing it, and the key data included: sales order, bill of lading, credit memo.
8. What role does each of the following departments play in sales order processing
subsystem: sales, credit ,and shipping?
9. With regard to segregation of duties, rule one is that transaction authorization and transaction processing should be separated. What does this require in the revenue cycle?
10. For each of the following documents, describe its purpose, the functional area preparing it, and the key data included: remittance advice, remittance list, deposit slip.
11. Differentiate between a purchase requisition and a purchase order?
12. The Soap Manufacturing Company has three employees who work in the warehouse. All of the warehouse workers are authorized to order inventory when it falls below the reorder level. The workers complete a purchase order and mail it to the supplier of their choice. The inventory is delivered directly to the warehouse. The workers send a memo to accounts payable reporting the receipt of inventory. Accounts payable compares the
Warehouse memo to the supplier’s invoice. Accounts payable prepares a check which the treasurer signs. Describe at least five needed internal control improvements.
13. What are the key segregation of duties issues in purchasing and cash disbursements?
14. The Golf Club Company makes custom golf clubs. The manufacturing supervisor interviews people who have specialized manufacturing skills, and he informs payroll when an employee is hired. The employees use a time clock to record the hours they work. The employees are also required to keep a record of the time they spend working on each order. The supervisor approves all time cards. The accountant analyzes the job
Tickets and prepares a labor distribution summary. Payroll prepares the payroll register and paychecks. The supervisor distributes the paychecks to the employees. Payroll informs cash disbursement of the funds required to cover the entire payroll amount.
The cash disbursements clerk ensures that there are adequate funds in the company’s regular checking account to cover the payroll. Describe at least three internal control weaknesses; for each weakness suggest an improvement to internal control.
15. List specific jobs that should be segregated in the cash disbursements system.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.