1. Under-applied overhead occurs when the balance in the Manufacturing Overhead Control account is:
greater than the balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead account.
equal to the balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead account.
less than the balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead account.
less than the balance in the Finished Goods Inventory account.
2. Which of the following companies would most likely use job costing?
Breakfast cereal maker
3. If a company multiplies its predetermined overhead rate by the budgeted allocation base, it is using:
4. Before prorating the manufacturing overhead costs at the end of 2008, the Cost of Goods Sold and Finished Goods Inventory had applied overhead costs of $57,500 and $20,000 , respectively. There was no Work-in-Process at the beginning or end of 2008. During the year, manufacturing overhead costs of $74,000 were actually incurred. The balance in the Applied Manufacturing Overhead was $77,500 at the end of 2008. If the under or overapplied overhead is prorated between Cost of Goods Sold and the inventory accounts, how much will be allocated to the Finished Goods Inventory?
5. Operations costing systems are used when the products have:
used a standardized method that is repeatedly performed.
common characteristics and no individual characteristics.
individual characteristics and no common characteristics.
some common characteristics and some individual characteristics.
6. The ALG Manufacturing Company has gathered the following information for the month of September:
•There were 6,000 units in the beginning Work-in-Process Inventory (75% complete as to materials, 1/3 complete with respect to the conversion costs).
•60,000 units were started into production.
•50,000 units were completed and transferred to the next department.
•The ending Work-in-Process Inventory is complete as to materials, but only 3/8 complete with respect to conversion costs.
What are the equivalent units of production (EUP) for the conversion costs in the month of September, assuming ALG uses weighted-average process costing?
7. Department B had a beginning inventory of 400 units, 1/4 completed; an ending inventory of 300 units, 2/3 completed; and received 900 units from Department A during the period. What was the equivalent unit production of Department B, assuming weighted-average process costing was used?
8. RS Company manufactures and distributes two products, R and S. Currently, overhead costs are allocated using the number of units produced as the allocation base. The controller has recommended changing to an activity-based costing (ABC) system. She has collected the following information:
What is the total overhead per unit allocated to Product S using activity-based costing (ABC)?
9. The Muskego National Bank is considering either a bankwide overhead rate or department overhead rates to allocate $250,000 of indirect costs. The bankwide rate could be based on either direct labor hours (DLH) or the number of loans processed. The departmental rates would be based on direct labor hours for consumer loans and a dual rate based on direct labor hours and the number of loans processed for commercial loans. The following information was gathered for the upcoming period:
If Muskego uses a bankwide rate based on the number of loans processed, what would be the total costs for the commercial department?
10. In general, the first budget prepared is the:
direct labor budget.
11. The forecasting method in which individual forecasts of group members are submitted anonymously and evaluated by the group as a whole is called:
the delphi technique.
12. The amount of materials to be purchased during the budget period is equal to the budgeted:
total production needs plus the units in the beginning materials inventory minus the units in the ending materials inventory.
total production needs plus the units in the ending materials inventory minus the units in the beginning materials inventory.
units to be produced plus the units in the beginning materials inventory minus the units in the ending materials inventory.
units to be produced plus the units in the ending materials inventory minus the units in the beginning materials inventory.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.