1. Lomax Enterprises purchased a depreciable asset for $22,500 on March 1, Year 1. The asset will be depreciated using the straight-line method over its four-year useful life. Assuming the asset’s salvage value is $2,100, Lomax Enterprises should recognize depreciation expense in Year 2 in the amount of:
2. Thomas Enterprises purchased a depreciable asset on October 1, Year 1 at a cost of $116,000. The asset is expected to have a salvage value of $15,400 at the end of its five-year useful life. If the asset is depreciated on the double-declining-balance method, the asset’s book value on December 31, Year 3 will be (Do not round intermediate calculations):
3. When originally purchased, a vehicle had an estimated useful life of 8 years. The vehicle cost $26,100 and its estimated salvage value is $3,300. After 4 years of straight-line depreciation, the asset’s total estimated useful life was revised from 8 years to 6 years and there was no change in the estimated salvage value. The depreciation expense in year 5 equals:
4. A company discarded a display case originally purchased for $8,950. The accumulated depreciation was $6,250. The company should recognize a:
$0 gain or loss.
5. Cambria owns equipment that cost $105,500 with accumulated depreciation of $72,000. Cambria asks $38,000 for the equipment but sells the equipment for $35,000. Compute the amount of gain or loss on the sale.
6. During August, Arena Company sells $349,000 in product that has a one year warranty. Experience shows that warranty expenses average about 3% of the selling price. The warranty liability account has a balance of $12,100 before adjustment. Customers returned product for warranty repairs during the month that used $8,700 in parts for repairs. The entry to record the customer warranty repairs is:
Debit Estimated Warranty Liability $8,700; credit Parts Inventory $8,700.
Debit Warranty Expense $10,470; credit Estimated Warranty Liability $10,470.
Debit Estimated Warranty Liability $10,470; credit Parts Inventory $10,470.
Debit Warranty Expense $8,700; credit Estimated Warranty Liability $8,700.
Debit Warranty Expense $7,070; credit Estimated Warranty Liability $7,070.
7. Maryland Company offers a bonus plan to its employees equal to 2% of net income. Maryland’s net income is expected to be $965,000. The amount of the employee bonus expense is estimated to be
8. An employee earns $6,100 per month working for an employer. The FICA tax rate for Social Security is 6.2% and the FICA tax rate for Medicare is 1.45%. The current FUTA tax rate is .8%, and the SUTA tax rate is 5.4%. Both unemployment taxes are applied to the first $7,000 of an employee’s pay. The employee has $206 in federal income taxes withheld. The employee has voluntary deductions for health insurance of $174 and contributes $87 to a retirement plan each month. What is the amount the employer should record as payroll taxes expense for the employee for the month of January? (Round your intermediate calculations and final answer to two decimal places.)
9. An employee earned $5,000 working for an employer. The current rate for FICA Social Security is 6.2% and the rate for FICA Medicare 1.45%. The employer’s total FICA payroll tax for this employee is (Do not round your intermediate calculations. Round you final answers to two decimal places):
Zero, since the FICA tax is a deduction from an employee’s pay, and not an employer tax.
10. On November 1, Carter Company signed a 120-day, 10% note payable, with a face value of $22,500. What is the maturity value of the note on March 1? (Use 360 days a year.)
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Papers Owl, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Papers Owl has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Papers Owl, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.